4/30/2005

thumb sucking

i'm one of those babies where i refuse to suck anything but my thumb. ah.... the thumb. the yummy, tasty thumb, which i didn't stop sucking until i was 6. oh, such sadness. so what made me stop? let me sidetrack a little. when i was 6, i contracted this disease which i forgot what it was called but it was something along the lines of internal bleeding. supposedly the arteries in my nose ruptured and instead of getting a nosebleed, the blood flowed into my stomach and was pooling there. so, where was i? i woke up one morning feeling nauseous and when i did puke, i was puking blood. man, it was all over the place. scared my parents shitless that episode. goodness knows how much i've puked until my parents decided to bring me to the hospital. after a very long wait, a lot of puking, a lot of trashing because i REFUSE to get my blood taken (scared of needles bah.. what to do?), a hell lot of tests and an even longer wait for the results, the docs didn't know what was wrong with me. what did they do at that point? referred me to Singapore. so off to S'pore we went! this is where the fun begins. all i could remember was we were waiting for a MRT. there i was happily sucking away, oblivious to things around me other than ma thumb. then this indian man sitting next to me just has to notice me. he told me if you don't stop sucking your thumb, i'ma chop it off!!! and right after that, i stopped. ~_^ babai thumb. t'was good while it lasted. *wails*