1/23/2005

my poor poor lappie

my poor lappie is still down. apparently, someone or something opened the hidden system files and they were showing on my c drive and being the smartass that i am, i deleted it thinking it's some virus because i do actually get viruses that are system files and i can truly swear that i did not in any way open those hidden system files because i have no need to and i don't mess around with my laptop and i'm not even sure if i know how to do it. so there. it couldn't have been me. tried copying the deleted files but it won't work because my laptop is being a bitch and won't let anyone gain access to the cdrom. and we can't use the pen drive because there is no access to the drive. and erm.. the floppy drive... i left the removable floppy thingie over in Melb. yes, clever me. how the hell would i know this would happen?! and to make matters worse, i have no backup for my files. yes... yes....i know how clever i can get at times. so the repairing will have to wait until tomorrow when Vun brings it to the office and get help from his IT manager. they would probably have to dismantle my poor lappie to take out the HD and fix it onto this bootable thingie.... i'm confusing myself. so yeah. i hope whatever they try to do works because Vun told me there might be a slight chance of it not working despite copying back the lost files. if all fails, they will have to reinstall windows and in the process my files would get deleted. sigh... and some of the files, are pretty important to me. so i really really really hope they fix up my lappie. =( note: i never realized how some people could be abusive. looks can really be deceiving.