1/24/2005

mom's advise

had a little girly talk with my mom which usually is a lecture about my choice of men. go to uni, she says, and get a guy who's loaded and in the same profession to avoid people looking down on you and your man. what the hell. she goes on saying that i shouldn't defame myself by dating men who are uneducated, men that don't suit me. oooooooookay. right. so then it got me thinking. why do people associate love with money? maybe i'm naive when it comes to all this but for those of you who knows me well, i don't give a flying raccoon's ass about whether or not my man is rich. if i do care, i would've gotten together with this CEO guy or this contractor's son or some other people who are loaded but never dated seriously. you get my drift. aghaghahgaghahg.... my little talk with my mom is really annoying me!! i mean like so what if my man is not rich. jeez. not like it's the end of the world. if he happens to be loaded then good for me, but otherwise, why should i waste my time and energy looking out only for Richie Rich? what the hell man, it's my life and i set the rules. if they can't accept who i am, then so be it. why should i live for somebody else? anyways, annoyance set aside. lunch was great. had durian mixed with rice. 1st time ever i ate something like this and damn! it tastes great!