2/08/2005

it was fun

my mom is more excited about leaving than i am. every morning, without fail, she knocks on my door at 6.30 in the morning and tells me to pack. not cool. i need my beauty sleep, or rather, i want my beauty sleep. haven't been sleeping all that much lately. i used to put in 10 hours or more but lately, if i could get 4 hours of sleep i'd be one happy girl. night market was on last night. shame on you people who didn't know about it! =p but really, how could one not know? it's there every year! happens 2 days before Chinese New Year. opens from 12 noon to 2am. how could you not know about it is beyond me. you people living under a rock or something? so anyways back to the market. this year, i've decided to help in the stall that YBS owns. t'was interesting selling vegetables. hard work i must say. i've only been there for 3 hours and i'm bone tired. much more tiring than climbing Kinabalu. oh, and those of you who came up to me and laughed into my face about me selling vegetables? shame on you. do i care? nope. because from this, i know who my real friends are. if it's not for you people, i wouldn't know that the reason we're friends is because of my money, my status. so yeah, a big thanks goes out to you shallow people for enlightening me. K, i hope you read this because you know what? i don't care if you're dead or alive. no one appreciates your appearance in the stall. you don't have to walk by like you're some kind of bigshot. no one cares. so sod off. like we all don't know you're selling yourself. jeez. don't act like you're miss-high-and-mighty. note: aunty, uncle, YBS, thank you for letting me help, for being patient with me, for not making a fool of me when i make silly mistakes, when i didn't know how to put the vegetables properly into the bags. thank you for letting me be a part of all this. and most of all, thank you for treating me like one of you and not giving me special treatment. what i've learned in that few hours is priceless. thank you.